This quote by Mark Twain has been my motto since I studied abroad in China last Spring. I fancy this quote very much because I believe it to be very true. That's why I jumped at the opportunity when I found out the student organization I have been a part of here at KSU was planning a trip to Shanghai, China. I promise to make another post later this week with pictures!
So here is me trying to play catch-up for the few weeks I didn't blog...
This is a picture from the closing ceremony of the five exchange students at KSU from August, 2013 to September 2014.
Click on this link to find the article posted on the KSU President's webpage: http://www.kyusan-u.ac.jp/president/
The following is the translation of what is written in Japanese:
"5 Exchange Students Have Concluded Their Studies 2014.7.31"
"On July 31st (Thurs.), a closing ceremony was held for our exchange students, some whom have been studying at KSU since last year. The exchange students are those from universities with which KSU has an international exchange agreement with. The total of 5 exchange students are made up by one student from each of the following universities: Abilene Christian University (United States), Oxford Brookes (England), Renmin University of China, and two students from Dong-A University (South Korea).
We hope that they will be able to utilize their experiences of learning about Japanese customs and traditions and from the cultural exchanges they were able to have during their exchange periods in order to make their future dreams come true. ”
I got to sit next to my wonderfully dear father
My certificate for finishing my exchange study period at KSU
A picture from when I went hiking with the international students at KSU up a nearby mountain
A Hakata Ningyo (Doll)
*Designated a traditional craft in 1976, Hakata Dolls are earthenware dolls produced in the district of Hakata in the city of Fukuoka, Fukuoka Prefecture. The dolls are made using clay found near Hakata, formed into a human figure, fired unglazed and then colored with clay paints.
A few pictures from the Hanabi (fireworks) festival I went to held at a nearby park.
I can hardly believe my second semester here at KSU is about to begin this Friday, the 12th. I've only FINALLY memorized my own cell phone number and can say it/write it down without looking at my planner...time flies by way too fast.
My wonderful sister has headed back to good ole Texas and has arrived safely. The almost two months I got to spend time with her and my dad...those moments are precious and will be treasured forever, more than words can describe.
Be on the watch for more updates with a plethora of pictures!

No comments:
Post a Comment