Golden Week Holiday consists of separate, one day holidays such as: Children's Day, Showa Day, Greenery Day, and Constitution Day. Showa Day honors the birthday of the Showa Emperor, Constitution Day celebrates the formal proclamation of the 1947 Constitution of Japan, Greenery Day is an annual holiday celebrating nature and reflecting on blessings, and Children's Day celebrates children (it was originally reserved for boys, but it now includes girls as well). I learned all about these holidays in my Japanese Culture class I am taking, which is very interesting.
For me, I had school off for four days, which means my Golden Week Holiday was from Thursday the 1st until the 6th. My good friend, Erin, who is from California and currently teaches as an English teacher in South Korea came to visit me :)
Get ready for the plethora of pictures that encompass all of my (our) adventures!
Get ready for the plethora of pictures that encompass all of my (our) adventures!
Hakata Dontaku Festival
Erin and I celebrating our reunion with Boba (tapioca) tea!
More Boba!
Erin's first time at a conveyor belt sushi restaurant
Delicious breakfast made by my wonderful father
Entrance to Fukuoka Castle
KITTIES
Japanese Garden
The entrance fee was FREE because it was Greenery Day!
Funny "Engrish" in the restroom
My favorite, Maple trees
Japanese Koi
Found a real GOLDfish
I want that adorable puppy in the back...
Swan boats!
Stalking people's puppies, in want of one of my own.
Fresh Banana Chocolate Cream Frappuccino
Inside the swan boat!
Watch out for the crazy driver! ;)
Bubbbllessss
Bicycle boats
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cycling Center
Spent the entire day with these awesome friends
Thumbs up for the timer on my camera!
Cycling!
We found a small zoo...
We became kangaroos...
Sleepy kangaroos
Baby kangaroo sleeping in mommy's pouch
Pony riding for the children
Happy goat
Gorgeous flowers!
Beautiful friends surrounded by beautiful scenery
Food trucks!
We tried "Black Curry", surprisingly very good
Failed, but cute picture
Rose Garden
If you ride the Ferris Wheel, you get to sit with Winnie the Pooh, just like this man did.
Totally slid down this slide...
...even though it is for "kids" only...
We found these bouncy bubbles....
decided to blend in...
it kind of worked... ;)
We got to ride tandem bikes too!
Fantastic memories
I love her Polaroid camera
Beautiful sunset to end the day
Yakiniku (Japanese BBQ)
Dinner with friends
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The top reads: Kyushu Sangyo University
Rainy day~
Lunch at one of KSU's cafeterias
I have been spending time eating yummy goodies from Korea and staring at Lee Minho :P Thumbs up for Starbucks socks!
Thanks for looking at all the pictures~ xoxo














No comments:
Post a Comment